A World Where I Belong

Well...
"...If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probably explanation is that I was made for another world..." - C.S. Lewis
This just really puts "it all" into perspective. Insert what ever desire, accomplishment, failure, longing, or maybe even a relationship into "it all." Why do our greatest accomplishments, material items, and experiences not satisfy our deepest longings and passions?  Maybe you and I were made for something more than our selves and this world. Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe there is something so big, in which we cannot comprehend, that not only influences the entire universe, but also our day to day lives. It seems that these deepest desires which cannot be satisfied by this world were instilled so deep into our very being that there is no full satisfaction here on earth. Despite this, we are unable to lose hope in experiencing complete satisfaction. It's as if these desires are real and fulfill-able, but need to occur in a world where we truly belong.

I'm probably selling myself short when I take too much comfort in the things of this world, and treat them like more than a blessing. I am a refugee here. There are better things for me in Christ. May my hunger and thirst constantly be a reminder that I was made for another world, a world were I belong. May I enjoy the blessings that have been bestowed upon me in a manor of a gift that I never earned. A gift from a father who loves me for one reason, because he takes pleasure in it.

Nothing draws a better picture of God than his creation in nature. It's wild to think that this is only a glimpse into what he truly has for us. 


This post in not just inspired by the CS Lewis quote, but also by a songwriter who I have found second to none, who has routinely and deeply validated my beliefs, questioned my beliefs, and has inspired me to wonder and stand in awe of my heavenly father. See his song In A World Where I Belong by Switchfoot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Setting Sun

60 Seconds of Wisdom - Making Your Bed

Love Your Neighbor