Gratitude II - I Can't Express Enough

Does dissatisfaction root from a lack of gratitude? Lack of gratitude is certainly not the only root of dissatisfaction, but it is certainly one of them.

Many times I find myself dreaming of what's next, and how that next step can make my life better. A side effect of that has been discontentment in my current situation. The fact is, I have so so so (yes, times 3) many things to be grateful for. When I spend more time dwelling on those things, I find satisfaction in what God has blessed me with. Why me at a high end job in Chicago? Why me growing up in Oak Park? Why me with the education? Why me owning an SUV (4Runner to be exact)? The fact is, I have been blessed with these things, and I need to be a great steward of them while I have them.

Lastly, I am not saying hunker down where you are at right now and never leave. Maybe it's time to move on to something else. You will know best. In the meantime, try stirring some gratitude into your coffee in the morning (and lay off the sugar, it's not good for you). 


1st Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Setting Sun

60 Seconds of Wisdom - Making Your Bed

Love Your Neighbor